Thursday 19 April 2018

Z BRUSH Week 2


WEEK 2
PLANNING A PROJECT

This week was interesting; I got to start thinking about the final project and how to lay out boards that projected the way I wanted to convey the story in the sculpture. Like architecture; it is the materials, colour, texture and the shapes that are important; and very similar to the way architectural construction drawings are set out; the concept must have a true front; back, side and top in order to start sculpting as a reference. This made me start thinking about what I was going to sculpt for my final project; as I needed two different types of modelling; one for hard surfaces and one that is organic. Having never used z brush properly; I wanted to pick something that I could learn the geometry of architecture form. Danny showed us some of the old renaissance facades with sculptures engraved into the facade. 


Using Z Spheres at first I found quite difficult; but once I understood what each tool under ‘Edit’ did; I found it easier to manipulate. Knowing it was important to turn on symmetry when doing the sculpt. Here it is good to reference the human body skeleton as a reference to create joints in the form.    The Z spheres are will be useful for my organic form; so getting to know how to use them and manipulate the spheres to get the exact form I want will be helpful; as once it is made into a poly-mesh I can’t go back to remodel it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment