Thursday 19 April 2018

Z BRUSH Week 5

WEEK 5
PRACTICE EXERCISE


Z-modeller was quite hard as I am used to other 3D modelling software such as Rhino which is a lot more fluid and quicker. However towards the end I got used to how to use the different tools on the surface compared to an edge; making sure I had symmetry on to make a proper shape. Learning how to change the shape in poly-frame mode; to make sure the form doesn't divide and smooth out was good to know; but even more difficult to manipulate into the exact shape I wanted.  

Knowing what the commands were in order to manipulate lines and planes. I also learnt how to use sub-tools that created layers of different part of the material that could exist in the same model together without disrupting another components modelling, and being able to turn the visibility on and off is useful. 


Knowing that I am going to do a gargoyle for my final project; I began making concept sheets of the gargoyle and the capital on which it will sit and what kind of materials each of the forms will look like. I will use the z-modeller to make the capital of my column for the final project; I think this will be difficult as there are quite a few curved forms in the corinthian capital. I wanted to make it a challenge for myself as I know how to model a corinthian capital in Rhino and draw a 2D version; and want to try making it in z-brush. I think this will be the hardest part. 

No comments:

Post a Comment